What are we plugged into? The world or our God?
What you are filling your mind with today is shaping who you will be tomorrow. If you did a common search on the power of the subconscious mind, you would find these three amazing facts:
- It only understands now.
- It knows no difference between real and imagined.
- It does not follow the rules of logic and analytics.
So while this is great in many respects, let me tell you what is a bit horrifying about it. First, stop and think about the garbage our subconscious minds are soaking up. When we are watching what we feel is a harmless movie or television show, because we know it is fabricated and isn’t real, the subconscious is ingesting it just as it would the written Word. Second, when we repeat personal insults, putdowns, failures, and more, the subconscious is getting a hearty dose of low self-esteem. And last, as we logically play out all the reasons we cannot complete our desired tasks as hoped, our subconscious is no longer given the opportunity to believe in YOU.
So what can we do about this? I say use the mind—it is a powerful thing! Plug into God, so to speak, and see the effects of a righteous subconscious.
Now imagine if you …
- Shut off the TV, the music, and the screen time that is pouring its agenda into your here and now. Be gravely serious about only putting goodness into your psyche. Change your radio station to Christian music, podcasts, and Bible readings. It will not respond to what you put in yesterday. You can begin reprogramming NOW with success!
- Dream big, my friends! Did you know that the greatest achievers in this world are people who dream big? This is why many programs for rebuilding your life encourage you to make a future board. It is good to be hopeful. Hope deferred maketh the heart sick, but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life. (Proverbs 13:12)
- Repeat Philippians 4:13—I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.—over and over in your mind. This verse will become a double bonus gift when you have faith. First, your subconscious will own this as true regardless of faith (this is probably where “fake it to make it” comes from), but mix this with your faith in God winning over worldly reason, too, and you are on your way to Glory.
Today I simply want us to consider what we are plugged into. Whatever is filling your mind and flashing before your eyes is literally a part of you right now and is affecting your tomorrow. I challenge you to switch out one or two worldly things and replace them with goodness (the Word, your music station, your screen choices)—and see how powerful it can be when you are plugged into your faith!
Faith Infused Living … Reaching Goals Higher!
Niccie Kliegl CLC, RN