WHEN TOO MUCH IS TOO MUCH- Episode 55
WHEN TOO MUCH IS TOO MUCH
If you can abuse your power, you have too much― Marty Rubin
Today I want you to not underestimate the dangers of having too much, even of good things.
THE PROBLEM: When it is no longer serves you well
- Work, sleep (Johns Hopkins), money, power, pressure, leisure, food, isolation
THE WORD: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” 1 Peter 1:3-5.
- Drive…Overdrive Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
- The drive takes OVER focus in your life
- Excellence…Perfection 2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence.
- For you? About your performance?
- Informed…Overloaded Galatians 6:5 For each one will bear his own load.
- It’s our doing
- Activity…Frenzy Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way
- It’s us who fret…over what…trying and trying but not enough?
- Choosing God over the drive OVERCOMES IT ALL (GOD IS THE OVERCOMER)
- Choosing Christ allows his perfection to be activated
- We can decide how much to bear…we have free will!!!
- We receive calm living for God…but must work furiously to please/compete with others.
THE CHOICE: Go for it!
- Choose drive that is focused on God and his call on your life.
- Choose excellence, brought on by great surrender to Jesus so you no longer resting on YOU to be perfect.
- Choose to be informed by truth and light over the need to frazzel yourself with the pressures and demands fo this world.
- Choose to remain active in your current place walking with God. Letting him direct and lead you- which will always prosper
Jim I’m an intense guy. I do everything with all I’ve got. That’s good right? But it doesn’t seem to work out for me.
- When you give EVERYTHING you’ve got then you are not doing it everywhere. IMPOSSIBLE.
- PRIORITIES… PRIORITY PROMISE
Cindy: Can you help me. I really am happy and I love my family and work but I need so much sleep. My husband and family all know this and it is sort of a joke in the family but it bugs me. Maybe I do sleep too much and maybe there is something wrong with me. Worse yet…what I am just lazy.
- Well, first YOU are not lazy. Feeling lazy we can do something about that.
- When it no longer serves you well
- Rule out medical, 7-10, Mayo 150 mod, 75 vigorous per wk, Fake food.
- What drives you
- Holistic, our bodies are connected. As you Think of it as an engine.
- Adapt: think of vacation when you eat so much…then your stomach is all stretched out and your really are hungry. But before vacation you were fine.
REMEMBER…Jesus looked at them & said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Math 19:26
That’s going to do it for this episode of Living Within the Sweet Spot.
Before we wrap up I want to encourage you to stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and please subscribe to my iTunes & YouTube channel.
See you next week on Living Within the Sweet Spot.
Faith Infused Living…Reaching Goals Higher!
Niccie Kliegl CLC, RN