SIN AND GUILT BE GONE- Episode 56
SIN & GUILT BE GONE
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
― Bill Keane
Today I want you to inspire you to say goodbye to the guilt of past sins – they are just holding you back!
THE PROBLEM: Living within the foothold of past sins
THE WORD: Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
See I know that God has big plans for each and every one of us. Joyful, powerful, blessed plans. He is omniscient. He knows EVERYTHING you have done and will do and he still made great plans for you and uniquely made you so that you and Him can do them. He sent Jesus here so we would not be held back by our sin. Lay them aside…at the cross. Jesus already died so you would be free from these.
- PAST sin, keep it straight in your mind- PAST… So you don’t keep reliving it. Instead, confess and lay it at the cross like this verse above says…so we can run freely.
- HOW? (new testament): 1 John 1:9 ESV If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Jesus did it ONCE for ALL 1 Peter 3:18 because also Christ once for sin did suffer — righteous for unrighteous — that he might lead us to God, having been put to death indeed, in the flesh, and having been made alive in the spirit,
- Where will we LIVE? (GUILT OR CONDEMNATION) Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
- LIVE IN PAST SIN condemned (old testament): Proverbs 6:32 He who commits adultery lacks sense; he who does it destroys himself.
- Quote…life is a present (gift)
- Run with endurance the race that is set before us,
- Forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Christ did once for all our sin — righteous for unrighteous – to lead us to God
- The Spirit…Christ was made alive
THE CHOICE: Toss it and take off…Pitch it and push on!
- FREE WILL you get to decide…live in guilt and shame or step into the Blessed gift of Jesus our savior.
Colton: I got a message from Colton. Past client…telling me he is set back once again by his past sin of infidelity. It messed with his head after getting a Devotion delivered to his inbox. This is my response. (two in one day…power of new testament)
Proverbs 6:32 He who commits adultery lacks sense; he who does it destroys himself.
Well, we know how true it is, but I think all sin at some level causes destruction.
But for the destruction to continue, we must be feeding it-remaining in it- entertaining it if you will
So continued destruction from a past sin is Satan’s doing not yours…So, be clear on it and don’t entertain it.
You, my friend, are not under Satan’s authority!!!!
You walk in the grace of Jesus.
That’s an Old Testament verse… when Jesus had not yet come to save us of our sins.
So praise Jesus for his healing grace ✨ Done once for ALL
Kiss Satan goodbye for trying to get at you 💥 The best way to send him packing is throwing the power of truth and light into his face.✨
You are saved ❤️ for no other reason than complete-unconditionally-whole love.
You have been set free!!! 🙌🏼
The above devotional is your reminder of how much Jesus loves you!!!
God has even been helping you make it right and move out of the foothold.
Rejoice and nothing but praise ❤️
Anonymous: I am plagued with guilt over something I did years ago. I can’t even write it here but you can guess. I and a bunch of our friends messed with each other when we were kids. I did with my sister. It actually makes me sick to even tell you this. She never brings it up. We are old now. We had a great childhood and never talked about it again but it weighs me down and it has to her too. I keep feeling like I have to apologize but wonder if that is for me or for her. What is better? Why can’t I let this go. She is doing great. She has a wonderful family, joy and life.
- This is just how Satan works.
- I want to refer you to you pastor.
- We know confessing to God is essential
- For help…James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
- It’s a him and you thing, 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Pastor…Galatians 6:2 Bear one another burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
- Encourage today …Hebrews 3:13 But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
Matthew 5:23-24 So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
*To me, part of the sin stays alive if we don’t…allowing it to grow.
REMEMBER…Jesus looked at them & said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Math 19:26
That’s going to do it for this episode of Living Within the Sweet Spot.
Before we wrap up I want to encourage you to stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and please subscribe to my iTunes & YouTube channel.
See you next week on Living Within the Sweet Spot.
Faith Infused Living…Reaching Goals Higher!
Niccie Kliegl CLC, RN