ONE THING TO CHANGE YOUR WHOLE LIFE- Episode 58
‘ONE THING’ to CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Listen, what if I told you that there’s ONE thing you can do in your life to change EVERYTHING for the better?
-to succeed -find joy -peace -bounce back – fulfilled
An old coaching client of mine inspired today’s show. She messaged me saying how she had been in such a slump, her work, husbands work, moving, ill parent didn’t know what to do. She felt like giving up as she used to when times were this tough. Landing her in a depressed place crippled with overwhelm. But this time she found herself surprised and delighted… she went to God BEFORE the crash. She could feel herself calling on God for insight on making wise decisions with new job changes, energy to care for her mom, and she leaned on praise music to push away negative or fear-filled thoughts. “In the olden days, I’d be saying ‘Where are you God- why are you doing this to me’. Now when it is hard, there is peace I didn’t know I could have. Both she and her husband landed jobs that are far better than they’d ever had and she said she felt great about helping my mom during this busy and difficult time of changes. I told her God will definitely be there to help her as she so unconditionally loved Him back. This caught her off guard – never looking at this life change as being the one thing that was changing everything for the better in her life…even during the hard times.
UNCONDITIONAL love….Do you love God unconditionally.
THE PROBLEM: we are trying everything out there to find success, joy, peace, love…but still come out insecure, worn out, defeated, scared, lost, not succeeding.
BUT THERE’S ONE THING THAT WORKS EVERY TIME.
THE WORD: Let’s keep it simple… “ONE”
- ONE GOD – Start looking to other things for answers, hope, coping, to fill Isaiah 37:20 “Now, O LORD our God, deliver us from his hand that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that You alone, LORD, are God.”
- Keeps you away from God
- Using up brain and energy
- Feeds you lies, god feeds you truth
- ONE FOCUS – His call and His glory. (friend you don’t call, sure they’re always there but can you use them always do you know them well- no you know the old them.)
2 Peter 1:10 Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.
1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
- ONE GUARANTEE – UNCONDITIONAL? Listen do you ditch God when the going gets tough? Do you love God the way he loves you? REALLY THINK ABOUT IT. Matthew 22:37 And He said to him, ” ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’
1Corinthians 13:4-8 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
*Patient *Kind *envy *boast *proud *dishonor * self-seeking * easily angered *keep track of wrongs/difficulties *trust *hopes *perseveres
- ONE IN ALL: Trinity, Or do you just know love and use one of the three.
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us of our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness,” I John 1:9
- One God- great advice, insight, direction, power that sustains, miracles, energy
- One focus- fast effective (not off doing other things for others, God is with us in His plans)
- One guarantee-what do you do for you kids who show love for you?
- One in all- freedom, power, direction
THE CHOICE: Held back
- FREE WILL: GET ONE THING HERE… GOD IS LOVE….WHEN YOU
- ACCEPT HIM MORE OF HIM IN YOU.
- DO LIFE WITH HIM
- LEARN FROM HIM MORE OF HIM IS IN YOU.
YOU BECOME MORE CHRISTLIKE. MORE POWER, MORE INSIGHT, DIRECTION. SUCCESS…KEEP YOU FOCUS ON ONE THING GOD AND APPLY IT EVERYWHERE. LOVE, MARRIAGE, JOB, CALL, WORDS.
KELLY: I get confused about how much I am supposed to do and how much leaning on God I am supposed to do.
- THIS IS THAT HIM IN YOU.
- YOU DO IT WITH HIM-INCREASES FAITH
- THINK OF THE COLLEGE ROOMATE.
- TRY IT FRIEND
CINDY: I forget to use God. I forget to pray, call on him, and so on. Does this mean I don’t love him? How can I be better?
re·tic·u·lar for·ma·tion /rəˌtikyələr fôrˈmāSH(ə)n/
noun: reticular activating system
a diffuse network of nerve pathways in the brainstem connecting the spinal cord, cerebrum, and cerebellum, and mediating the overall level of consciousness.
Raz filter….The human brain is bombarded with all kinds of information, from the memory of last night’s delicious dinner to the instructions from your boss at your morning meeting. But how do you “tune in” to just one thought or idea and ignore all the rest of what is going on around you, until it comes time to think of something else?
*start turning off other things…tuning into God. HEAD TO MY WEBSITE FOR ….Tapping into the Trinity!
REMEMBER…Jesus looked at them & said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Math 19:26
That’s going to do it for this episode of Living Within the Sweet Spot.
Before we wrap up I want to encourage you to stay connected on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and please subscribe to my iTunes & YouTube channel.
See you next week on Living Within the Sweet Spot.
Faith Infused Living…Reaching Goals Higher!
Niccie Kliegl CLC, RN