Today’s ‘Taking Requests Tuesday’ is a common concern I know, and it doesn’t stop with our spouses. Let’s face it. When we know our heart is in the right place and we can see that our children, spouse, coworkers, or neighbors are missing out or could use a little more of God’s help… that’s tough. We can so easily offend and turn them away if we push too hard. We can say nothing and simply pray, which is great but can there be more? After hitting the books, ‘THE Book”, and many articles I came to find five insightful efforts we can take.
Let’s face it. When we know our heart is in the right place and we can see that our children, spouse, coworkers, or neighbors are missing out or could use a little more of God’s help… that’s tough. We can so easily offend and turn them away if we push too hard. We can say nothing and simply pray, which is great but can there be more? After hitting the books, ‘THE Book”, and many articles I came to find five insightful efforts we can take.
Pray for them: This is a given and I am quite sure we all do this. I like how this verse says the members of God come together for one cause. If there is a concern for one member we should put the rest on it. It is okay for sons and daughters to unite and pray for a mother. If my ‘Taking Requests’ wife wants her husband on board. It is okay for the family to unite in this prayer. I think we often think we need to do this alone or keep it quiet. With great respect and care, I say call on a sister or brother in Christ, a parent, or clergy, and pray like it is your last.
- All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers. Acts 1:14
Be the light: Be an example that makes them crave for your comfort, peace, joy, wisdom. The Triune gives us peace, knowledge, joy, strength, deepened love, and wisdom. Let them see it and want to know more.
- For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6
Love them: I mean the kind of unconditional love that ‘knows my name” (the name of the Father). I actually call this… ‘knows my name love’. This is love that isn’t watered down with stress, worry, expectations, and limits. This is pure love, unconditional love. This love is Gods doorway. It is written that they will not hear God, unbelievers. That makes it exceptionally hard to reach them. But it is also written that by love, they will know. This is your ticket…LOVE.
- Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:7-8
Don’t divide: Focus on you and your place with the Triune. Stay free of judgment. That is God’s place and He will take care of that. Focus on you, God, and loving others. The world will divide. Stay in love.
- Not Peace, but a Sword “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:34:39
In all you do: As you call on God in times of need, lift Him up in times of joy, look to Him for direction, lean on Him for strength, give Him the glory for the work he does in your life and provides over and over…they will be watching, hearing, and learning. They will be prone to lean on Him too, may it be in a good time, a bad time, a fearful… We cannot predict when they will open their heart to the Lord so teach them that in all situations you may find Him.
- My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. 1 James 2:1
Today our post is for we who are not yet partnered.
Today we will pray, be the light, love, unite, and acknowledge God in all our ways.
Faith Infused Living… Reaching Goals Higher!
Niccie Kliegl CLC, RN
Author of Awaking the Living Legacy
For more posts, coaching tools, videos, and training learn more about becoming a Legacy Leader.