Click HERE to play video!
Vlogging Thoughts On Forgiveness
A stone is heavy, and sand is weighty, but a fool’s provocation is heavier than both. Proverbs 27:3
1. WHILE STUDYING THE SUBJECT OF FORGIVENESS…THIS VERSE KEEPS COMING TO MIND AND I FOUND IT VERY INSIGHTFUL TO HELP US GET A HANDLE AND GOOD LOOK AT THE IMPORTANCE OF FORGIVENESS.
- When others hurt us we know it weighs us down. (Like a big heavy stone) It is easy to see that and feel it… Seeing the sin and knowing it hurts is the obvious part.
- A big stone (big hurt) is heavy- of course, but think how a bunch of little things can hurt too…and weigh us down.
- Provocation (the action or speech of another that annoys or angers us-especially when done intentionally)
- Don’t miss how God breathed into this verse the word FOOL——– “They know not.”
2. WE HAVE TO ALLOW CONDEMNATION, CONVICTION, CLARITY, COMPARISON… to remain with the rightful owner… GOD and THEM.
- Condemnation: but they know better, should know better, they are wrong
- Conviction: but we feel the need to make sure their heart is turned back around, that they are sorry
- Clarity: but we want them to understand what they did… ‘It’s like they have no idea what they did.’… Hmmm
- Comparison: but we would never do something as awful as that… How could they?
3. YOUR JOB IS TO WORK ON YOUR JOB…. TO FORGIVE AS JESUS DID AND TO LOVE YOUR ENEMY. Why do you think we are supposed to? Because the sin of another isn’t what slowly kills us… it is us living in that sin that robs us of OUR LIFE! God loves life and he wants you to LIVE and not to remain held down by the weight of another’s sin.
********* So in today’s video, I want us to *********
OWN THE HURT.
It should hurt, it makes sense. That isn’t of question, but knowing what hurts will help you know where you need help from God…so you can then let go of their sin and the hurt.
RECOGNIZE THAT SIN IS THE ACTION OF A FOOL.
(THEY KNOW NOT)
KEEP RIGHT WORK IN ITS RIGHTFUL PLACE…
Condemnation, conviction, clarity, and comparisons is between them and God. OUR JOB IS TO FORGIVE THEM OF THEIR TRESPASSES AS HE FORGAVE US.
Faith Infused Living… Reaching Goals Higher!
Niccie Kliegl CLC, RN, Author of Awaking the Living Legacy
Click HERE or IMAGE to receive your FREE Toolkit!
For FREE resources & inspiration… CLICK HERE
For more about becoming a Legacy Leader… CLICK HERE