Do you wish you had more trust? Trust in yourself, your spouse, family, or friends…Your God?
Believe me, trust is something that most all my clients, and I believe all of us at some point deal with. It may be that we don’t trust ourselves, possibly someone we love very much, or even God. However, we don’t need to be held back by remaining in a place of distrust or lack of faith.
What makes this subject so tricky is that we shouldn’t acquire trust carelessly either. There are many individuals, even some close to us, that we shouldn’t trust. This is why I will take today’s blog a bit deeper giving you a few helpful coaching tools on who we should trust and how we can bring ourselves to do it.
True to Fulfill Your Legacy form, we will first turn to the word and to God for truth on how we can better learn to trust in the Lord, ourself, and others. There could be an amazing opportunity for God to do great things in your life, as you reach a new level of faith. So think deeply about these 7 steps and any nudging of truth or clarity you may feel as you read on.
- Consider the Problem: Where have you found yourself losing faith and what does that look like? When do you find yourself feeling desperate or hopeless and why?
- Some of us have lost faith in their marriage, saddened that it isn’t more passionate, Godly, and fulfilling? Some of us are losing hope on a plan we thought we were to carry out but now it is fizzling out, and we wonder if we were even supposed to do it in the first place. It could be that your finances are desperate and you have no idea how to get them back on track. Maybe your work is boring and you feel called to new places but stay put as to not be risky.
- It isn’t uncommon that we hold ourselves back from the greatness God has in store for us. It’s often because we lack faith in ourself. Sadly, that can also mean we lack faith in God’s ability to help us do the impossible as well.
Then we can look at how to increase your measure of faith. Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. Matthew 16:24
2. Use this tool, Resisting Greatness, to help you evaluate essential thoughts on where you might be lacking faith and holding yourself back from the glory of God.
3. Seek God First (submit to God before struggling on your own): Once we know where we are holding ourselves back or getting stuck, we can call to God specifically in that area. The trick is not just calling for help. There is such freedom and power in first knowing we are not progressing because of our own weakness, and to move past our weaknesses we need to submit to the glory, power, and might of our Father…
…in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6
4. Determine what you are capable of and go to Him for the rest. We can keep trying to accomplish life with the tools we have and we will likely accomplish much on sheer grit alone. However, once we own up to our areas of lack, own up to the need and desire for God’s help, own the areas we are gifted in, and last, commit to calling on the triune for areas that are outside of our gifts and talents…. THEN our true journey of accomplishing dreams with great faith in the Lord can begin.
Use this tool to help you tap into the Triune and what God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit have to offer you on your journey to reach your goals and dreams. ‘Tapping Into The Triune’
5. Rebuke the things that drag you down and pull you away. If we have thus far determined our work is for the Lord, and then we partner this work with the Lord, we then have one last chore to help us succeed.
A big part of success IN ALL AREAS OF OUR LIFE depends on us rebuking what is not of God. Here are a couple ways to do just that…
Flesh: Be mindful of your purpose and focus throughout any challenge. Darkness will try and rob you of your relationship with God and God’s power, knowing all the good that relationship and power will do for you and others. Satan gets to us through the flesh, so be wise. If you find your motivation to work has to do with a desire that pleases the flesh back away and refocus on a purpose to serve and love. This is a sure sign that God is with you.
Wisdom rightly directed: This always cracks me up. When I find myself in a slump wondering why I haven’t been able to accomplish something that I truly feel God desires of me… It is most always because “I ” am trying to accomplish it which means “I” will simply get more of “me”, no matter how hard “I” try. What I should be doing is looking to the Word for help. (We must refocus, push away man’s capability and seek God’s almighty)
“Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.” Proverbs 3:7
6. Constant measuring with God’s teachings as our goal: All of the steps above are so effective but our brains have been trained by the world. It is so easy to slip back into unproductive, self-seeking, desperate, or hopeless places without even realizing it. We need to be constantly checking with God, evaluate our actions, and the purity of our heart and plans in order to rightly use the above steps. This will bring honor and glory to God. Do the interventions you committed to on the coaching tool from above (‘Tapping Into The Triune’) for success here.
7. Lift up praises as you have wins and make progress. By doing ‘constant measuring’ you will see how the Triune is working in your life. We need to acknowledge this help and give it righteous glory. If we see the work we have done in this world as simply our own, be ready for those rewards alone. They will be good. As you work hard- there are always effects…
BUT, IF YOU CALL ON GOD, USE GOD, RECOGNIZE HIS PLACE IN YOUR LIFE, AND GIVE HIM THE GLORY…. YOU WILL RECEIVE THINGS IN, OF, AND ABOVE THE WORLD.
Transform your life into less of you and more of HIM.
Faith Infused Living… Reaching Goals Higher!
Niccie Kliegl CLC, RN, Author of Awaking the Living Legacy
For more posts, coaching tools, videos, and training learn more about becoming a Legacy Leader.
Click here for more FREE resources and inspiration HERE
HIGHLIGHTED TOOLS IN THIS WEEKS BLOG!
USE LINKS WITHIN BLOG TO DOWNLOAD FOR FREE!